Friday 9 July 2010

Monthly Forum

Well Forum number three, who knows where it could us. The wonders of Wales to the Ballads of old shakey (Shakespeare), enjoy. I look forward to any and all input.

this month a dedicate the poem 'This Be The Verse' by Philip Larkin' I feel it represnts a lot about me and my life.





They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bucket of Coffee and some hope

             Hello again, welcome back to my rather sporadic installments of the life of a young Author. The title of this entry speaks...