Friday 3 September 2010

Villanelle III

It's been some time since my last post, sorry, creative juices not flowing fast enough for the moment. Writing on my real life experience always produces something much more worthwhile to read in my opinion. So if it is not an assault to your eyes, here you go.

Heartbreak villanelle

I have done it once, twice again,
Split again, shards on the ground
I have broken that heart of mine.

Sealed away for years, the shame
priceless piece of dirt, ground bound
I have done it once, twice again,

Split it in two of course, my pain
Never factored in - all surround
I have broken that heart of mine.

Neither glue nor shoe pressing,
Power, at the pieces it frowned
I have done it once, twice again,

What a let down I am becoming
Dust of it, no longer accomplished
I have broken that heart of mine.

So where am I now? Starting
Again, remembering the pound -
I have done it once, twice again,
I have broken that heart of mine.

1 comment:

  1. This was very nice. I could hardly tell how long it had been since you had written. Please don't let it be so long til you do so again.<3

    ReplyDelete

A Bucket of Coffee and some hope

             Hello again, welcome back to my rather sporadic installments of the life of a young Author. The title of this entry speaks...