Tuesday 24 December 2013

And Now For Something Completely Light-Hearted

This will be the last post of the year, but that’s okay, I took some time off, got back on the horse and did well; and I’m sure all of you out there can say the same thing too about something or other this year. Today I don’t offer you advice, I’m not going to burden you with motivational speeches (not today anyway, pour yourself a drink, you’ve earned one). I just want to say happy holidays; because after all the beer, wine and tea has been drunk, the pork, beef and sprouts tucked away, presents unwrapped and crackers pulled; it will be time to get back on the treadmill and punch out that next achievement.
So, a gift from me to you, for following me so well and for just being you this year.

The crackers are there, we haven’t pulled them yet.
The presents all wrapped, out of sight.
The snowflakes are waiting, until the lights are out.
The world is cheering, but what about?

I’ve closed all the curtains, I’ve turned out the lights,
Cookies on the mantle, carrots in the chimney light.
I’m all tucked up in bed, I can’t see the stars,
But that doesn’t mean I’m not trying my hardest.
Like hell I’m asleep, I simply can’t wait. Night
Hasn’t fallen, and of course I’m still awake.

The family is calling; the presents all shout.
No cookies on the mantle. No carrot outlived the night.
There’s no more waiting and the end between us-
By the end of the day, I’ll be all tuckered out.

Not my best, but I think I’ve captured the mood, until the New Year, happy holidays. If you want to contact me before my next instalment:


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bucket of Coffee and some hope

             Hello again, welcome back to my rather sporadic installments of the life of a young Author. The title of this entry speaks...